NESSA Fall Memo #5 (October 2, 2016)Posted on October 02, 2016
The Calendar turns to October this weekend, but there is still some good HS sailing to go
1. Inter-sectional regattas: Congratulations to those schools that have already qualified to represent NESSA at some upcoming fall Inter-sectional regattas (see below). NORs for the Great Oaks, Fall ACCs, ISSA Single-handed Nationals (Cressy Trophy), and National Keelboat Invitational are posted on the ISSA website. If you have not registered already, please do that this week. Fall’s last chance is the NESSA Fall Funfest (Gleekman Trophy) being sailed at Sharon next weekend.
Polar Bear Open - Falmouth HS
Arnold Brown Regatta - Belmont Hill School
Casco Bay Open – Duxbury HS
NESSA Fall Funfest - Sat Oct 8
Great Oaks Regatta
1. Xavier HS
2. Fairfield Ludlowe HS
3. Fairfield Prep
ISSA Single-handed Nationals (Cressy Trophy)
Jack Parkin (Brunswick)
Alec Fasolo (St George’s)
Nicholas Stefanoni (Hotchkiss)
Henry Marshall (BB&N)
Ted Bjerregaard (St George’s)
Max Guerrieo (Portsmouth Abbey)
National Keelboat Invite – Falmouth HS (ME)
2. Membership: Many schools have completed their membership for 2016-2017. If you school is still listed as “Pending” or “inactive”, please follow the steps below. All 2016-2017 dues are due by the Annual Meeting.
2016-2017 NESSA/ISSA Membership: In order to compete, you must be a member school in good standing. To do that:
A. Update your school’s on-line profile. This moves your school from “inactive” to “pending” in the database. To do that, click REGISTRATION
B. Pay your 2016-2017 dues. This moves your school from “inactive” to “active” and makes you eligible for regattas. We encourage all schools to use the NESSA PayPal account, as it will be easier and quicker.
3. Annual Meeting. The NESSA Annual Meeting is Sunday November 6, 2016 at the Moses Brown School.
The scheduling meeting starts at 0930. The dates for the O'Day and Teams (Mark & Terk) are posted on the schedule.
Annual meeting begins at 1030.
- Submissions of agenda items, including proposed By-Law changes, must be made to NESSA Secretary/Treasurer Rob Hurd (RSHurd@hotmail.com) before October 29, 2016.
- Those interested in running for the At-large berth on the ExComm, shall express their interest by submitting a paragraph (no more than a third of a page) about their involvement in high school sailing to Rob Hurd (RSHurd@hotmail.com) by Saturday day October 29, 2016. Only self-nominations will be accepted. Submissions will be added to the ballot so that those present can gain a full understanding of the candidate. The candidate with the most votes will serve a term through 2018.